Hello and welcome to Killearnan and Knockbain Parish Churches’ website. We are 2 Church of Scotland congregations on the Black Isle, covering Munlochy, Tore and North Kessock areas.
We meet for morning worship (almost) every Sunday in Killearnan at 10:15am and at Knockbain at 12 noon. On the second Sunday of the month, worship is followed by a short act of communion. Additional services can be found on our calendar page. A map and directions to both churches may be found on our contact page.
Holy Week services: (14-19 April)
- Palm Sunday – at the usual times of 10:15am in Killearnan and 12 noon in Knockbain
- Holy Monday – a short reflective service in Knockbain at 2pm
- Holy Tuesday – a short reflective service in Knockbain at 2pm
- Maunday Thursday – join us for a meal in Killearnan church hall from 7pm
- Good Friday – service in Killearnan church at 7pm
Easter Day Services
- Sunrise service – join us for a short Easter sunrise service at 5:30am in the North Kessock Ticket office. Breakfast of croissants, pain au chocolate and tea or coffee immediately after
- Easter morning – at the usual times of 10:15am in Killearnan and 12 noon in Knockbain
Where there is a fifth Sunday in the month, we have a joint service. Our next joint service will be In Knockbain Church on 30 June 2019 at 11am.
We invite you to explore our site and find out a bit more about us. You would be made most welcome at any of our worship services or any of the other activities which go on in the churches.
We are mixed congregations, drawn from different backgrounds, and united in our shared Christian faith. We’d love for you to come and share in that mix and faith
We want to be welcoming, inclusive congregations, where all feel valued and loved, irrespective of background, race, gender or where they may be on their faith journey. It’s a shared journey, where we hope to support and learn from one another.
We try to make our faith the centre of our lives, as best we can. We aim to laugh and cry together; sharing in the joy and tears of our communities.
We’d love to see you, whether you’re visiting the area or sticking around, you will be made most welcome.
(PS Well behaved dogs are always welcome at church services and events).
North Coast 500 NC500